£ negotiable depending on experience
Based Ripon, North Yorkshire
North Stainley Estate is one of the oldest and most diverse estates in the UK, with core business interests spanning construction, house building, leisure, energy and farming. The Estate’s long term outlook drives a sustainability agenda across every aspect of our operations, which not only requires us to take a much broader view where the impact of our activities are concerned, but also to constantly challenge the way we do things.
Sporting & Estate Operative
Nowhere is this more important than within our Sporting & Estate Management team, which has been tasked with transforming the entirety of our environmental capital, including our woodland, hedgerows, field margins, lakes, ponds and bio-crops. Our primary aim is to create an environment that is beneficial to nature, whilst also improving the long term amenity value of some of the Estate’s oldest assets.
The Estate also operates a sizeable commercial game shoot, the ongoing development of which is extremely important to the future growth of our leisure business.
We are now looking to recruit a forward thinking and hardworking Sporting & Estate Operative to join us on this exciting journey. This will involve working hand in hand with our Sporting & Estate Manager across c. 1800 acres of mixed countryside to ensure we meet our objectives. You will also work closely with our Farm Manager to ensure we meet any overlapping stewardship or grant commitments.
The position is full time and the successful candidate will be expected to work additional hours during busy seasonal periods. The role can also be physically demanding, with the team working in all weather conditions. This is a long term role with a company that prides itself on the personal development and health and safety of its employees.
· A passion for the countryside and a working knowledge of silviculture and its related bio-diversity.
· Previously worked outdoors carrying out a broad range of traditional estate management and maintenance activities, including forestry.
· Chainsaw Certificates CS30 & CS31 (CS32 desirable).
· UK driving licence with no more than 3 points.
· Previous property maintenance experience including general building and plumbing skills.
· Previous experience of driving tractors and operating related equipment.
· Rough Terrain Tele-handler Certificate.
· UK Towing Licence.
· Pesticide Certificates PA1 Theory and PA6 Knap Sack.
· Experience within the game shooting industry.
· Firearms & Shotgun Certificates.
· Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate +Forestry.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the above requirements to email@example.com quoting reference LWF02 RURALRECRUITS