Job Description & Person Specification
Role Title: Maintenance & Project Manager
Reports to: Resident Agent
Location: Court Farm, Llanover, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. NP7 9HY
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience.
21 days Holiday + Bank Holiday
Van-Business use only.
Mobile phone- Business use only.
Housing can be provided.
We are a country Estate requiring a highly motivated and experienced Maintenance
manager to oversee the repair, maintenance, upgrading and improvement of our
varied property portfolio, as well as day-to-day oversight of some of our development
projects. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role assisting the Resident
Agent and wider team in the management of the built environment across the Estate.
As such, the successful candidate will bring with him/her the expertise and skills to
ensure the built environment and infrastructure across the Estate is repaired and
maintained to the highest standard on a programmed pre-planned and preventative
Llanover & Coldbrook are two Estates situated near Abergavenny, and include the
conservation village of Llanover, registered Parks of Llanover & Coldbrook. The
wider Estate covers close to 4,500 acres with land both inside and outside the
Brecon Beacons National Park. The Estate has a sizeable residential portfolio of over
120 properties as well as commercial buildings spanning from offices and light
industrial uses through to hospitality.
· Overall responsibility for managing all refurbishment and building work across
the Estate including residential, commercial, and agricultural property.
· Undertaking maintenance works.
· Instructing and supervising contractors and ensuring all required
documentation is completed.
· Health and Safety supervisor, ensuring compliance across the Estate,
monitoring any hazards across the Estate, and providing and reviewing risk
assessments for all works.
· Providing all invoices and payment records and liaising daily with the Finance
· Assisting the Resident Agent to ensure the Estate’s reputation is maintained
at the highest level, reporting any issues to the Resident Agent in a timely
· To be available on call out of hours in the event of an emergency.
1. Make at least weekly visits to the projects, attending the site meetings
and advising of difficulties being encountered or likely to be encountered. 2. Make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform with the plans, specifications, or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work, or cost. 3. Refer recommendations to the Resident Agent for a decision on further instruction. 4. Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with the Contractors Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, and endeavour to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works. Promptly report breaches to contractors and consultants in written form. 5. Undertake scaffolding inspections. 6. Maintain and issue weekly progress reports to the Resident Agent for all visits, including weather instructions, amendments, labour force, quality, Health and Safety. 7. Prepare and attend snagging inspections and advise the Resident Agent and Finance Controller prior to the payment of the contract. 8. Manage all Contractors whilst on every project to ensure site inductions are completed, Risk Assessments and Method Statements are received prior to works commencing. 9. Ensure all site records are provided including asbestos surveys, services, bat reports. 10. Visit sites during and post works to sign off completed jobs. 11. Maintain an asset database and manage material stocks.
1. Create and maintain a register of Approved Sub-Contractors
2. Request and maintain a register of all insurance and training records
3. Manage all Sub-Contractors whilst on every project to ensure site
inductions are completed, Risk Assessments and Method Statements
are received prior to works commencing.
4. Ensure all site records are provided including asbestos surveys,
services, bat reports.
5. Agree rates of payment with the Resident Agent and manage time
records for all sub-contractors.
6. Visit sites during and post works to sign off completed jobs.
1. Hold relevant qualification in health & Safety, (Nebosh or IOSH)
2. A skilled tradesman with full knowledge of relevant trades.
3. At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
4. An excellent communicator and team player.
5. A high level of attention to detail.
6. Experience with repairing houses of stone construction using traditional
7. Competent with use of computer and Microsoft packages
8. Hold a driving licence and be willing to provide a DBS security check.
To apply please email, firstname.lastname@example.org