An opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Operative to work as part of the Reay Forest Estate team in undertaking and delivering rolling plans and a variety of activities in Achfary and Kylestrome.
This is a full-time role, working 40 hours per week. Along with a salary of £23,000 per annum, we also offer a non-contributory free pension with life cover, plus 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 28 on 5 years’ service plus 9 days bank holiday. You will receive a wellbeing contribution of £30 per month to use on our benefits platform – offering serious condition support, denplan and health plans. The role is also housed for free and comes with Council Tax paid.
What you’ll do as Maintenance Operative:
Assist and support the team in delivering the plan, ensuring high standards of the Estate infrastructure is delivered on time and within budget include. To utilise your key trade to help fulfil but not limited to:
· Road, track and bridge building and maintenance
· Drainage work
· Hedging and fencing
· Boundary & property maintenance
· Forestry operations
· Maintenance of services to all buildings
· Collaboration with contractors for ongoing building maintenance
· Ensuring legal compliance is maintained at all times on tasks being undertaken
· Support the Sporting team through the season in preparing for and conducting guest activities, including aspects of fishing, shooting, and stalking.
· Driving, including ATVs
· Carrying duties for guests and stalking team members
· Working using Hill Ponies
· Organisation and storage of items in larder areas.
What we’re looking for in a successful Maintenance Operative?
· To have a time served key skill set or trade of benefit to the team on the estate
· Good communicator and good interpersonal skills
· Practical and hands on approach to problem solving
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to interpret the owners eye approach
· Ability to deliver a high-quality service and willingness to commit to the necessary hours during family visits
· Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, plan and prepare
· Possess a valid and clean UK driving licence
Please note that applicants will be security vetted.
We are a values-led organisation. Our work in rural estate management alongside other activities in international urban property, food & agtech and support for philanthropic initiatives, shares a common purpose – to deliver lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit –addressing today’s needs while taking responsibility for those of future generations.
Please apply to email@example.com