LAUDALE ESTATE – HANDYPERSON (ESTATE COUPLE CONSIDERED)
Hours: Full time – to include weekend work/out of hours call-outs
Salary: Package negotiable dependent on requirements
The Laudale Estate is nestled on the southern shores of the picturesque Loch Sunart on the beautiful and unspoiled Morvern Peninsula in the Scottish Highlands. The Estate offers luxurious and welcoming accommodation as well as playing host to a range of sporting activities.
We are looking for a Handyperson to join the Estate team, reporting to the Estate Manager. A trade background, such as joiner or vehicle mechanic would be advantageous.
Part-time work available for partner/family members working as part of the Estate Hospitality Team including housekeeping work and/or chef duties, reporting into the Estate Hospitality Manager.
Perks of the job:
· Accommodation on the picturesque Laudale Estate may be made available for the right candidate or couple (options suitable for couple or family available)
· Laudale Estate is situated 6 miles from the village of Strontian which offers a good school provision from 3 – 18 years
Property and garden maintenance including but not limited to:
· grass cutting
· leaf clearing and weed-spraying
· painting (interior and exterior)
· maintenance and repair of buildings (including guttering/roofing)
· maintenance of water supplies
· collection and preparation of firewood
· additional, ad hoc maintenance tasks as required.
· Supporting the Estate Manager with ensuring adherence to Health and Safety requirements across the Laudale Estate.
Also, throughout stalking season:
· Seasonal Ghillie duties
· Use and maintenance of all-terrain vehicles.
· Energetic with a passion for the great outdoors.
· Ability to undertake a physically demanding role.
· Self-motivated when working independently and able to take initiative.
· A willing team worker able to build solid working relationships with colleagues.
· Not a clock watcher – works hard to get the job done and done well.
· Understanding and tolerant of the changeable extremes of highland weather.
· Happy to live and work in a remote location.
· Enthusiastic with a willingness to turn their hand to any task.
· Eager to learn.
Skills, experience and competencies:
· Mechanically competent with an understanding of vehicles and boats
· Ideally from a trade background: mechanic/carpenter/Forester
· Chainsaw qualified
· Weed-spraying certificate holder
· Experienced operator of maintenance machinery i.e. use of digger, tractor, timber trailer, firewood processor, sawmill
· Woodwork skills
· Experience of using guns
Please apply with CV to Kathryn Meredith at email@example.com