SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
Instructor – Machinery and Estate Skills Instructor
Land and Wildlife department
£21,165 - £29,513 including market supplement (dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience)
Sparsholt College has a national reputation within the Conservation, Fisheries and Gamekeeping industries and a long proud history of providing the next generation of employees to the countryside management sector. We are now seeking to recruit a new member of staff to join the Land & Wildlife team to work as an Instructor to assist and deliver practical land-based machinery and estate skills teaching to our Fisheries, Game and Countryside Management students. Applicants new to teaching will be encouraged and will be supported into this role with a package of training and development.
Your main role will be to provide training and instruction in the safe use of land-based machines (e.g. ATVs, Quad Bikes, Brushcutters, Strimmers, Tractors, Chippers, Outboard motors and Chainsaws). You may also be required to deliver instruction in a variety of practical activities depending on experience such as estate maintenance, habitat management or game husbandry/management.
The role also involves supervising practical lessons both on the Sparsholt College campus and offsite to support the Land and Wildlife curriculum area.
Candidates for this role should be proficient in the use of land-based machines, able to demonstrate a high level of practical competence and awareness of health and safety practices and legislation. A good knowledge and understanding of countryside management, game or fisheries is desirable, but not essential. You will need to have a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject and holding relevant NPTC Qualifications would be an advantage with further training available.
You will also need to be self-motivated and have a desire and aptitude to lead and work with young people and help to educate the next generation of countryside professionals, alongside the existing Land and Wildlife team. A full driving license and experience using land-based machines is essential. Previous experience of leading groups would also be very desirable but is not essential.
This post is based at our Winchester (Sparsholt) campus.
Closing Date: 31 July 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
· Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
· Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
· Free on-site parking
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
· Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
· Access to an employee assistance scheme
· Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
· Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
· Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
· Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
01962 797309 email@example.com https://www.sparsholt.ac.uk/co...