GROUNDS PERSON / GARDENER
Milton Keynes Area
An excellent, exciting opportunity has arisen for a Grounds Person/Gardener on a well-presented rural Estate near Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire. This role would suit a positive, presentable, and well-rounded individual and could also be on a self-employed, contract basis.
The successful applicant will also be confident in their knowledge of arboriculture work and in the use and maintenance of relevant machinery. Applicants will require competency certificates in chainsaw operation and spraying.
· Upkeep of tree and grass lined drives, grassed and hard areas surrounding commercial properties and maintenance of woodland.
· Undertake tasks including but not limited to grass cutting, mowing, strimming, hedge cutting, desiccating weeds, arboriculture work, and keeping the Estate tidy.
· Maintain the common areas surrounding the commercial let properties.
· Work around the wider estate, for example, fencing and occasional tractor driving.
· Work in a manner that always ensures the safety of yourself and others.
· Liaise with the owners and wider estate staff to ensure the effective day-to-day running of the grounds.
Person Specification includes:
· Use of a wide range of tools and machinery. Previous experience using large equipment, such as hedge cutters/strimmer’s etc.
· PA1 and PA6 in spraying would be advantageous.
· CS30 and CS31 chainsaw certification would be advantageous.
· Other relevant competency certificates are advantageous.
· Good communication skills
· Enthusiastic and committed to a high standard of presentation.
· Fit enough to undertake the physical aspects of the role.
· Able to use initiative and a have a flexible approach.
· Able to work independently, but also have a strong understanding of the importance of teamwork.
Principle Terms of Service:
· 40 hours per week
· Flexible planned daily hours to support the needs of the job during operational times.
· 25 days plus Bank Holidays (annual leave)
· Contributory pension scheme available
· A full valid UK driving licence and your own transport are required for this role.
· No accommodation
Salary: Commensurate with experience, up to £24000.00
Expected start date: 1st August 2021.
Contact: Heather Highgate, email@example.com