We are looking for a full-time live-in gardener/groundsperson who would report directly to the owners.
Duties to include:
· Grass cutting and lawn maintenance
· Maintenance of mixed herbaceous borders and flower beds
· Planting, care of and provision of vegetables for the kitchen
· Garden machinery maintenance, arranging servicing and repairs
· Pruning of fruit trees and large shrubs
· Mature yew hedge cutting
· Maintenance of gravelled areas and courtyards
· Autumn tidy up, clearing up leaves
· Caretaking duties also required for the Hall, including looking after the cars.
· House security (on call weekends/keyholder), this responsibility is shared with other Estate staff.
Basic Skills Required
· Essential: Full Clean Driving license
· Essential: Associated Machinery Operation e.g. tractors & mowers
· Essential: PA1 & PA6 Certificates – use of pesticides
· Desirable: Chainsaw maintenance & crosscutting licence
· Desirable: RHS Level 2/3
We are looking for someone with good organisational skills, who can work independently and as part of a team.
Salary £24,000 to £26,000 per annum.
Contact the Estate Office for more information.
The Estate Office, Hovingham, York, YO62 4LX firstname.lastname@example.org 01653 628771
Closing date: 31st January 2022