Remuneration: very competitive, dependent on experience
Accommodation: two-bedroom cottage with garden available plus use of workshop
Description: exciting position as game keeper/estate groundsman on a small, traditional estate in Worcestershire. Would suit a couple (housekeeping/occasional cooking an additional option).
Candidate(s): Positive, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active attitude. Ability to work independently using initiative in all weathers. Trustworthy, responsible, good time-keeping. Eye for detail and ability to complete tasks to a high standard. Neat and tidy. Complete discretion.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
· All game-keeping duties for small family shoot
· Tractor driving skills (including hauling, spreading, rolling, ploughing, topping, drilling and spraying). Digger driving useful.
· Fencing and hedge cutting
· Mowing, garden work and weed control
· Building trade experience including carpentry, bricklaying, repointing, roofing, groundworks, construction, drainage, electrics/plumbing.
· Forestry and woodland care/maintenance and ditch-clearance
· Other general estate repair and maintenance
· Maintain estate/hire equipment and machinery/tools in good mechanical order
· Proficiency in chainsaw operation and maintenance
· Current clean driving licence – use of estate pick-up
This is an important opportunity with scope for development for the right candidate/couple.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org