LONGPARISH RURAL ENTERPRISES LTD
JOB DESCRIPTION – GAME REARING OPERATIVE(S)/SHOOT UNDERKEEPER
This is a hands-on role working with and reporting to the Rearing Field Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Strength and stamina for physically demanding role.
· Be able to work outdoors in all weathers.
· Be practical and good at working with their hands.
· Be alert and observant.
· Ability to accept advice and work well under pressure.
· Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
· To be thorough with attention to detail.
· Have a flexible attitude.
· Patience and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
· Ability to carry out basic tasks on a computer and hand-held devices.
· Full driving licence required.
Day to Day Tasks:
· Pheasant and partridge production from day-old chicks to release pen.
· Daily egg collection from laying stock.
· Erecting of the rearing units.
· Sanitisation, maintenance, erection of rearing units and associated equipment each season.
· Housing chicks direct from Company Hatchery.
· Daily welfare tasks on rearing field – gas supply, feeding, watering, cleaning.
· Maintenance of strict biosecurity at all times.
· Basic record keeping, namely stock numbers, mortality, medication, received/administered, feed/water usage.
· Catching-up and delivery of poults to client and Company shooting estates.
· Dismantling rearing units/equipment ready for next rearing season.
· General upkeep of the rearing field/facilities.
· All other ad-hoc duties as may be required by the job role.
· Underkeeper role on commercial shooting estate(s) during the shooting season (if year-round employment desired).
Positive mindset wishing to develop knowledge/skill sets to progress within the Company assuming greater management input/responsibility.
Start Date: Immediate, subject to interview.
Remuneration: Subject to experience/negotiation.
Apply to email@example.com