HEAD OF ESTATE MAINTENANCE / GROUNDSMAN
Full time or 4 days a week considered
Remuneration: very competitive, dependent on experience
Accommodation may be available
Description: exciting position as estate groundsman on a small, traditional estate in Shropshire. Would suit a couple (housekeeping and occasional cooking an additional option paid separately).
Candidate(s): Positive, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active attitude. Ability to work independently using initiative in all weathers. Trustworthy, responsible, good time-keeping. Eye for detail and ability to complete tasks to a high standard. Neat and tidy. Complete discretion.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
· Tractor driving skills required. Digger driving useful.
· Mowing, garden work and weed control
. Simulated game operator
· Building trade experience including carpentry, bricklaying, repointing, roofing, groundworks, construction, drainage, electrics/plumbing. This is not a priority.
· Forestry and woodland care/maintenance and ditch-clearance
· Other general estate repair and maintenance
· Basic gamekeeping duties for small family shoot and pest control
· Maintain estate/hire equipment and machinery/tools in good mechanical order
· Proficiency in chainsaw operation and maintenance
· Current clean driving licence – use of estate pick-up
Please apply with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.