Estate Worker Vacancy
A full-time, permanent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, motivated Estate worker to join a mixed upland farming & shooting enterprise on the North York Moors. The role will predominantly include looking after a 100 strong herd of Belted Galloways, in addition to managing a small acreage of arable land. The ideal candidate would also undertake an element of gamekeeping on our established and well-known family shoot. The candidate will have the ability and confidence to work alone and be responsible for the farming enterprise, but also work alongside our existing keepers who are responsible for the shoot, ensuring all elements of the business align.
The farm is located in the picturesque North Yorkshire Moors National Park, near the village of Boltby. The owners run a successful partridge and pheasant shoot, and over the past couple of years have also built up a Belted Galloway herd that are pasture raised naturally and slowly, supplying local restaurants and butchers with quality, high welfare beef.
The role will include a variety of tasks including:
· General farm work
· Competent handling of cattle and management of the herd
· Tractor driving and knowledge of arable operations
· Game crop management
· Game rearing
· Vermin and predator control
· Woodland management
· Boundary management
· Assistance on shoot days where required to ensure they run smoothly
· Light vehicle and equipment maintenance
· Genuine interest in shooting and farming with a willingness to learn and undertake further training.
· Valid Firearms/Shotgun Certificates
· Full, clean UK Driving Licence
· Proof of right to work in the UK
· Strong and flexible work ethic; weekends and night shift may be required at peak times
· Prior gamekeeping and livestock experience
· ATV certification
· Chainsaw certification
· Spraying certification
· Salary – up to £26,000. Accommodation may be included.
· To apply, please send your CV and covering letter by to firstname.lastname@example.org
· It is anticipated that interviews will take place at the Farm, following which candidates may be requested to attend a trial day on the Estate.