An opportunity has arisen for an estate worker on a conservation focussed shooting and woodland estate in Cumbria.
The role includes:
- woodland management of young plantations
- maintenace of walls, fences, tracks, bridges and other estate infrastructure
- working with Keeper in relation to moorland infrstructure (tracks, bridges, grouse butts etc)
- helping out on shoot days
- maintenance of estate equipment and machinery
- generally keeping the place ship shape
- occasional driving and station pick up
- looking after (very friendly) owners dog when away
Flexible hours (not 9-5)
Occasional weekend work may be required
Good maintenance of house and surrounding estate yard
The role is very varied and requires the following atributes
- tidy and orderly approach
- can do attitude
- ability to fit within a small team
- ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate initiative in relation to completing priorities
- friendly and flexible
- clean driving licence.
Ideally from a rural estate or farming back ground with experience relevant to role profile.
Competitive salary together with three bedroom house on the estate
Please apply to Bblackettfirstname.lastname@example.org