Remuneration: very competitive, dependent on experience
Accommodation: two-bedroom cottage with garden available plus use of workshop
Description: exciting position as an estate groundsman on a small, traditional estate in Worcestershire with a small pheasant shoot. Would prefer an older couple (housekeeping/occasional cooking/gardening are additional options).
Candidate(s): Positive, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active attitude. Ability to work independently using initiative in all weathers. Trustworthy, responsible, good time-keeping. Eye for detail and ability to complete tasks to a high standard. Neat and tidy. Good communication skills and physically fit. Complete discretion.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
· Estate management - mowing, fencing, tree planting, forestry, woodland and grass care, weed control
· All game-keeping duties for small family shoot. Previous experience as a gamekeeper is essential
· Handyman experience required including carpentry, bricklaying, repointing, roofing, groundworks, construction, drainage, electrics/plumbing.
· Maintain estate/hire equipment and machinery/tools in good mechanical order
· Vermin/pest control
· Tractor driving skills are essential. Digger driving skills useful
· Certificates required for ATV driving, chainsaw operation, shotgun and rifle.
· Excellent maintenance skills for all machinery
· Other general estate repair and maintenance
· Proficiency in chainsaw operation and maintenance
· Current clean driving licence – use of estate pick-up/quad bike
This is an important opportunity with scope for development. Best suited to an older couple
Please apply with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org