Estate Game Rearer Required
A Game Rear is required to join the team as soon as possible to aid in the running and development of the game rearing enterprise producing high quality Pheasant & Partridge on a family-run Estate over farmland and woodlands in Northern Cumbria. The first-class facilities include modern equipment from Bristol Incubators, Setters and Hatchers.
The post would involve working as part of a team and the applicant must have previous rearing experience. Day to day tasks include;
· Pheasant and partridge production from egg and day-old chicks to release pen.
· Daily egg collection from laying stock.
· Erecting of the rearing units.
· Sanitisation, maintenance, erection of rearing units and associated equipment each season.
· Housing chicks direct from hatchery.
· Daily welfare tasks on rearing field – gas supply, feeding, watering, cleaning.
· Maintenance of strict biosecurity at all times.
· Basic record keeping, namely stock numbers, mortality, medication, received/administered, feed/water usage.
· Catching-up and delivery of poults to client and shooting estates.
· Dismantling rearing units/equipment ready for next rearing season.
· General upkeep of the rearing field/facilities.
· All other ad-hoc duties as may be required by the job role.
Good communication skills and the ability to manage and maintain good relationships on the estate are of high priority to the owners.
Within the role, some Game Keepering opportunities may also become available should some new drives be implemented on the Estate.
A competitive remuneration package, with/without accommodation and estate vehicle is offered subject to experience/negotiation.
Please apply in confidence with full CV to: -