Beat keeper position – Lighthouse Station, New Zealand
Lighthouse Station, a renowned high bird syndicate shoot located just 40 minutes from Waiuku township, is seeking a skilled and experienced beat keeper to join our dedicated team. This role involves the rearing of pheasants in a purpose-built rearing shed, as well as gamekeeping responsibilities such as predator control and whistle feeding of pheasants and partridges across multiple release sites.
• Rearing pheasants in a purpose-built rearing shed, ensuring optimal conditions and welfare of the birds.
• Implementing effective predator control measures to safeguard the game population. • Whistle feeding pheasants and partridges across multiple release sites.
• Maintaining the highest standards of care for the game and the estate.
• Previous experience with bird rearing, particularly in pheasant rearing.
• Ability to work independently and take full responsibility for your own beat.
• Prior gamekeeping experience, with a strong understanding of predator control techniques.
• Possession of appropriate training certifications related to gamekeeping and wildlife management. • Strong references attesting to the candidate's capabilities in gamekeeping.
• A genuine passion for gamekeeping and a commitment to responsible game management.
• On-site accommodation provided (suitable for a single keeper, family, or couple). • Opportunity to work in a renowned high bird syndicate shoot with a rich tradition. • Beautiful natural surroundings and a close-knit team of dedicated professionals.
Lighthouse Station welcomes applications from candidates who are passionate about gamekeeping, possess the required experience and skills, and are ready to contribute to the success of our establishment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and references to email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team. Interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates.
Note: Only candidates with prior gamekeeping experience, references, and appropriate training certification will be considered. Candidates must qualify for a working visa with INZ.
Lighthouse Station is an equal opportunity employer